Monday, March 14, 2016

Luang Por Dhammajayo that I know


There has been a lot of negative and false media about the Dhammakaya temple. Especially the leader of Dhammakaya Temple, Luang Por Dhammajayo. I personally had many great experiences with him. From his teachings through the TV to being near him and speaking to him personally, I have never had a bad experience.

Most Venerable Phrathepyanmahamuni (Luang Por Dhammajayo)
Luang Por Dhammajayo has always encouraged us to do good deeds no matter what bad decisions we may have had in the past. Rather than regret the past that we have no way of correcting, we look forward and continue to do good deeds. No matter how many times we fall down, he is always there smiling, ready to give us a hand and help lead us to what is good for us.

Almost every night, he comes out to teach people to be good on the temple's media channel DMC. He teaches on average of 2-3 hours a night. He has been teaching us in his show Dream in Dream School for more than 10 years now! To top that off, this man is over 70 years old! I see him as our loving father who watches over and wants his children to be the best they can. Always giving us encouragement that we can be great, we can achieve our goals, even if it seem like we cannot even see the light at the end of the tunnel, he carries our torch and leads the way.

With my own personal interactions with Luang Por Dhammajayo, from the stage, his smile gives off a radiant warm feel. The feel of a pure energy that when one comes near him, you cannot help but want to learn something from him. He teaches us Dhamma in a simple and practical way. We listen to him and we understand in a basic way that we can use in everyday life, rather than feeling confused or bored, the way we may feel in a classroom when we don't understand what the teacher is explaining. I had the chance to talk to him for little bits at a time while on a meditation retreat for monks, he always encouraged us to keep meditating and not to give up or stop doing the good deeds we are already doing. I am now back in the United States and I miss my "father" who helped guide us down the path of doing good. Let us share this goodness to our family, friends, and the world.

3 comments:

  1. I don't trust Luang Phor Dhammachayo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you had the chance to listen to his teachings or meet the man? I recommend to find out for yourself.

      Delete
  2. I agree with you. I love Luang Phor Dhammachayo.

    ReplyDelete